Saturday, January 2, 2010

Finally Finished

I started thinking about Reginald St. John and his fictional life about five years ago. Reginald began to take form as I went through my normal routine at work and home. I sat down at the computer one day in the fall of 2007 and started the story. Having always enjoyed mysteries, it was a no brainer that this would be an old fashioned who-done it mystery. My life long love of aviation also contributed to the story. I wanted it set in the 1930's since this has always been the decade I liked to read about and I love movies from that era. I finished the rough draft in the spring of 2008. Little did I know that this was really the beginning. I learned to improve my sentences and I researched the details that I thought I needed to fill out the story. The editing continued through 2008 and until the fall of 2009. I finished the final edit during the holidays. Writing a novel is no easy task. I hope someone will enjoy the book one day soon.

1 comment:

Melanie Sherman said...

Well, I am hoping to see your book in print, too. I have also learned a great deal in the editing process. And does anyone ever get to the point where they are so good they don't need to edit?

Good luck.